It's strange how things happen... you are trudging through the mundane weary lanes of life when suddenly, out of nowhere, love walks in and touches your life in a way that you know that nothing could ever be the same again...
>> Continued




She's From:   United States
He's From:     United States

I have a story to tell you , believe it or not I met my wife in a chat room.


I was on the Internet one night kinda looking around the singles rooms and I saw people picking on this person because of the nick they where using. The nick looked kinda satanic, so people were say mean things and the user was getting upset and was lashing back....

Well I figured I'd help out a little and try to get them off her back. So I messaged a couple of people telling them they where being immature needless to say I ended up knocking a couple people off the net with a nuke. Anyway.... when they logged back on they were saying stuff in the channel to me like they were going to call my ISP and all kind of stuff. 






So the person that was getting picked on messaged me. She told me her real name and why her nick was what it was...and that she was grateful for the help. So we started talking a little... give each other inf. about one another... Likes.... Dislikes....etc.... and found out we had allot in common. By the time we were really getting to like each other I had to disconnect because it was 5:00 in the morning and I had to get up at 12:00 for work. So we agreed to talk again the next night. Well needless to say I rushed straight home after work and logged on. She was waiting on me and we started talking again....

Same thing happened, 5:00 rolled around and I was going to go to bed. She said wait. So I did. Then she posted her phone number in a private chat. So.....I called. Anyway, to make a long story short, one month and 1600 dollars for a phone bill later we decided we wanted to see each other. So we planed a trip, since I lived in Tennessee and she lived in Kansas City, it was going to be a vacation for me. So I took off work for 2 days at the end of the week and took off towards Kansas City. I was so excited .. but the closer I got to Kansas City the excitement turned to nervousness and fear of rejection. I knew what we had online and on the phone was special, but I didn't know what to expect.

Well 3:30 I arrived at the hotel room she had reserved for me and started unpacking. Took a shower and laid on the bed for an hour or so waiting till 6:00 to call her. 6:00 came and I nervously dialed the phone... She picked up and said hello.. I said "well, I'm at the hotel and all checked in and ready to go out, she paused.... and with a shyness I have never heard in her voice said...."umm...OK..I'm going to head that way...look for my car.." and she described her car and what she was wearing.. We had always talked about that finally getting to meet each other in person...I dont think either of us expected to be so nervous.; So.. I sat on the bed staring out the hotel window.

Then I saw her car. I was so nervous at that point a was doubled over with stomach cramps. So I slowly walk towards the room door and waited for the knock... I heard a little tapping on the door then a big 'blam!!!' and I quickly opened the door to see if she was alright. The moment I saw her I knew I never wanted to be with anyone else. Some how I knew we were meant to be together, and all the nervousness and stomach pain left me. She came in staring at the floor, blushing, hiding her face in her hair. So I wrapped my arms around her and she buried her face in my chest hugging me back. I have never experienced true love till that moment.

Just to know that she loved me is all I needed. And at that moment I knew. To make a long story short we left the room twice to eat and buy some CD's and she showed me Kansas City. The rest of the time we spent holding each other or doing other things =). Sunday rolled around and I didn't want to leave, but I had to be in for work on Monday and had a 9 hour drive in front of me. We ate breakfast in the room as I packed my clothes along with a flannel shirt she gave me , and we walk toward the car... not saying a word. I opened her car door for her as she took a picture of me. She got in her car and we both fell apart. I have never cried in public as an adult but at that point I had no control.

As we cried or good-byes to each other I got in my car and headed towards the highway. Crying as hard as I ever remember I left for home. 2 hours down the road I managed to pull myself together and called my mother in Tennessee and cried on her shoulder till I found myself in Saint Louis. At that point I decided no matter what it takes I was going to be with my new found love. As I pulled in to the drive way of my home in Tennessee I called her and told her I was home and I was OK and everything. I ended up sitting in the car for another 2 hours talking....crying...and planning my next visit. To make a long story short the next weekend I drove to Kansas City and got her and her little girl and moved them to Tennessee.

We lived together in Tennessee for about 6 months. I've always wanted to live in a big city and she was getting very very homesick so we decided to give Kansas City a try. I worked 70 hours one week and then took a voluntary lay off. We moved to Kansas City in July of '96. And I have never moved back. We were Married November 6th of '96.

We are happy together, we have are problems sometimes but we are always willing to talk them through. Even in the darkest of days between us we are still able to say "I love you" and cuddle. We have been married for 2 years now and plan to spend the rest of our life together.

Anyway, that's my story. I look back to the beginning and wonder how we could have been in the same room at the same time on the Internet..and everything just fall into place the way it did.

And I came to the conclusion that, No matter were you are, who you are, or what you look like, love will find a way. So keep your head up and your eyes open because she/he is out there, waiting....

"Tennessee Mike"