It's strange how things happen... you are trudging through the mundane weary lanes of life when suddenly, out of nowhere, love walks in and touches your life in a way that you know that nothing could ever be the same again...
>> Continued




She's From:   Australia
He's From:     United States

On Dec. 28, my son and I left Michael at Detroit airport and travelled home to Australia.

On the way home in the plane my son said to me...

  "Mum, what are you doing going home, your crazy if you don't marry Michael, he loves you so much and you love him, you will never find anyone as wonderful as him again..."

Hearing that from my 16 year old son, well, that was something else. I arrived back home with gifts for everyone and I started to reflect and think. I had to leave my country, my children, my job, my granddaughter, could I do this? Michael and I chatted as usual, sometimes for 4 or 5 hours a day, only by phone. I knew in my heart, that I could not live without him, he was now a part of my life, and I loved him so much. I discussed it with my kids, and they agreed that I should be with Michael, that my life would not be complete without him. 






I spent the next 6 weeks with my kids, babysitting my grandbaby, taking my kids out and having heaps of fun. On Feb 17 2001, I packed up all of my belongings and shipped them to the states, it felt strange, 6 suitcases, my whole life in 6 suitcases. It was definitely the hardest thing I had ever or will ever do, leave my children to live overseas without them.

I had my little dog in the car 'Bessie' she is a toy fox terrier that I have had for 10 years, I just couldn't bear to leave her behind. I took her to Sydney and I was to meet her in a few days in Detroit. I was so worried about her having to fly across the world on her own, but I couldn't leave her behind... My kids had the choice to come and live with me, but they will come over later in the year, for a visit. Michael and I want them all to live with us here. My daughters and my son in law dropped me off at the Hotel Hilton where I had to spend the night alone, as I had dropped Bessie off in Gosford at the animal travel people. I cried all night long, I was so sad, and happy as well. 

I boarded the plane for another long trip, including changing planes, waiting at airports it took me 30 hours. I arrived in Detroit on Feb 17th, and we travelled straight home to Grand Blanc where my new life and home would be. Destiny was eagely waiting for me with her little tail wagging, she knew mummy was home. I was so worried about Bessie. We drove down to Detroit to pick her up and she was not there, they could not find her. My heart missed a beat, was she lost, was she dead. I felt so bad. They eventually tracked her down she was still at LA in the kennels, it was too cold for her to travel, she would freeze in the airport. 

Eventually, we got to pick her up. When she came into cargo for me to pick her up she looked so so frightened, she had lost so much weight. When she saw me she was so happy, she near licked me to death. We took her home and introduced her to her new home. She was with both of us, who loved her so much.

Michael set our wedding date for March 24. We travelled to Las Vegas. We were married in the Little Chapel of Flowers on March 24th at 12 pm. I wrote my own vows and my own ceremony and it was broadcast live on the internet, so my children could see us live. It was so special. Michael lifted my veil and kissed me and it was a kiss that I will never forget. After our wedding we flew by helicopter over the Grand Canyon, Michael in his tux and me in my wedding dress and veil, we stopped at the bottom and had champagne and a picnic. What a way to start out new life together.

Now I am Mrs Lowenstein, and I am the happiest woman alive. I miss my kids very much, but I know that one day we will be together again because Michael is training to be a pharmacist in Australia. I followed my heart, and although it has been very hard at times, I know it was the right thing to do.

If it was not for the Internet then I would never have met my wonderful husband. I feel so blessed. 


Looking for Part One? It's here.