Mars & Deborah 3:
As Deborah went to the departure hall to fly out of Adelaide I knew that the next few months were going to drag on slowly and that I would miss her like crazy. I just didnt want her to go but that was the reality of the situation. When she got back...
>> Continued




She's From:   Australia
He's From:     United States

My name is Stacey and I come from Australia, and I am 40 years old.

I have 3 children, aged 21, 20 and 17

  I had been married for 21 years, many of them happy, but the last 4 years or so, I was very unhappy, and was sick of having a controlling husband. My ex and I stayed together mainly for the kids, and we both wanted to see our daughter married before we decided to divorce, so after her wedding we still lived in the same house, but were not really together as husband and wife.

Chatting on the net became a favourite pastime of mine. Some of the friends I met became my lifeline and I met many wonderful special people. I chatted mainly on yahoo chat, and sometimes Ozemail.






In May 2000 I was on yahoo chat when I saw a name that took my eye, it was tallman_41. Lots of men were trying to chat with me, but this was the only guy that I wanted to talk with. We hit it off straight away. We met on the net every day without fail to chat, and for about 2 weeks, I spent every spare minute I had talking with him. I gave Michael my phone number and he rang me each and every day. We chatted for a few more weeks, then Michael said that if I was serious about our relationship that I would have to leave my husband and be free.

Two weeks later, I filed for divorce and moved out on my own with my daughter. Michael was so far away in Michigan USA. He had the sexiest voice I had ever heard. We talked every single chance we could. He told me about his life, and that he was a pharmacist. He never ever missed one time calling me when he said he would. When I was depressed he would always be there for me, he sent me flowers from Interflora, and packages containing t-shirts, teddy bears and many other special things. I knew after a few months that I loved him, so I told him, and the response I got was just what I wanted to hear, he loved me too. We had a very special and loving relationship by e-mail, chat, snail mail and phone. He often spoke to my kids, and my friends, and everyone thought he was wonderful.

Having a relationship with such a vast time difference can be pretty tiring at times. Michael having to wait up late at nights till I called, and me eagerly waiting for his calls. We were so much in love, my heart just missed a beat every time we spoke.

My decision was made, I had to fly to the USA to meet the man I so dearly loved. I booked my ticket, got my passport then let him know I was on my way. I only had one pic of Michael, and it was a little old, so I wasn't really sure what he looked like, but that didn't matter to me anyways. Seeing that I had never flown before I was very frightened and excited. What an adventure I was about to undertake. People that I knew thought that I was totally crazy, they thought he might have been an ax murderer or something.. My kids supported me and I knew that I had to follow my heart.

Oct. 6, 2000, I boarded my plane at Sydney for Detroit. I didn't eat, sleep, drink or go to the toilet for the whole 14 hours, it was probably one of the scariest things I have ever done. When I arrived at LAX I could not believe my eyes, I was in awe. I somehow managed to meet my connecting flight to Santa Lois, and then to Detroit. At. 6.10 pm on Oct 6 , I arrived in Detroit. I suddenly saw the blue Sydney 2000 tie on the man that I loved. I couldn't believe how tall he was, I'm 5ft 6 and I felt tiny. He held me in his arms and I felt so good. We stayed at the Hilton in the honeymoon suite and Michael had a watch, and a ring and a beautiful ruby necklace for me.. We had the best ever night.

We spent the next 2 months together, seeing things, eating out and just getting to know each other better. My son flew over in November and I met him at LA and we spent a few special days together in Hollywood, then we flew to Detroit where Michael was waiting for us both. A.J. had the best time with us and liked Michael a lot.
Michael surprised me with a gift.. a new puppy....we called her Destiny. We had a beautiful white Christmas, and on Christmas morning Michael asked me to marry him, he gave me the most beautiful diamond ring, of course my answer was yes... but I had to go home, and sort things out, and make sure that I could live so far away from my children, friends and animals...


>> Continued in Part Two