Shana and Michael:
It all started last July. I was baby sitting my younger cousin Kristian while my aunt was out of town for the weekend. As it was getting late I put Kristian to bed and I began to watch TV... 
>> Continued




She's From:   United States
He's From:     United States

Online romances do and are happening -- every day. Our story is just one of several that we know of personally.


When we met at the beginning of November in a 40s channel, a relationship was the furthest thing from our minds. We developed a heartfelt friendship and neither was looking for anything more. There wasn't any pressure to develop a romantic relationship, and since the pressure of "courting" was off, we could be ourselves.

In the beginning, we had talked about meeting at some point in the future but it wasn't a priority, we were just friends. We were having a great time! We had found someone to talk to about anything and everything without worrying about making good impressions, we were having a ball just being together.





  We laid out ground rules, promising each other that we wouldn't use the "L" word, love, that we wouldn't get caught up in the emotions because we didn't want to lose either other over a relationship gone bad. The feelings deepened with each day, we began to know each other better than we even knew ourselves. We loved spending time together and couldn't wait until we were back on the computer so we could talk and laugh some more.

Our phone bills went up. Our kids talked to one another both on the computer and over the phone. Paul's girls, ages 8 and 17, and Paula's girls, ages 8 and 15, got along great! We would hook up all of the extension phones and all of us would chat on Sundays. More and more we had to remind ourselves that this was a wonderful friendship and nothing more, but it seemed to be evolving into something much more. We seemed to fit so well together, our ideas, hopes and dreams were so similar. We had so much in common. Our kids were enjoying this as well.

By mid-January we had confessed to each other that we both felt there was something very special going on here that we couldn't explain and that we owed it to ourselves and our families to see what it was. We decided to meet. Between car problems and illnesses, two attempts failed. Then, at the beginning of February, Paul had a business trip and didn't have access to a computer for a week. That worked out great, it gave us both a chance to reevaluate the situation, a cooling off period so to speak. As it turned out, it was the most miserable week either one of us had ever spent. We both went through the "this-is-nuts-this-isn't-going-to-work-this-isn't-possible-what-the-hell-am-I- doing" phase. When we were finally back together on the computer we both knew that we couldn't put it off any longer…we needed to meet. There wasn't any doubt about it, we NEEDED to meet just to verify what we were feeling was real.

On February 19th we met for the first time. It was amazing; it was more like a reunion rather than a first meeting. We had a wonderful time that weekend, going to a concert, shopping, and spending time together. By the time we parted late Sunday afternoon, we both knew that this was meant to be. We made more plans for seeing each other and set a move date for August. Each successive meeting was even more enjoyable than the last. The move date was much too far away, so, on April 3rd, 1998, two families came together as one and we are having a great time.

We are pleased to announce that our wedding date is October 30, 1998. We are planning a small family wedding in the afternoon (Paul's older daughter is marching in the band at the football game in the evening) and a larger reception in the evening. It seems to get better each day and we are like two young lovers because for the first time in our lives we are truly in love and happier than we have ever been and ever hoped to be.

"Paul & Paula"