Sarah and Greg:
After having received a new computer for Christmas I logged onto a Christian dating service. A friend of mine had dared me to, and since I can't say no to a dare...
>> Continued




She's From:   India
He's From:     United States

My cousin and I were picking out random names of guys in our community webpage to write to. I did too, to about 4-5 people.

  I got a reply from one. This was in Jan 1999.

We began e-mailing. He was not really interested, he was someone who did not believe in love, who had never been in love. I was someone who had never had a relationship before too, but I did dream of a romance like this. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would run into vishnu!!

So, anyway, we kept e-mailing. He said he wanted to stop. I wanted to continue. We finally decided to stop. Within 10 days, I began e-mailing again. He wanted this but yet was scared about so many things. Finally our hearts won over our minds and in March,1999,we decided to pursue our relationship. I heard his voice for the first time 10 days after that. Everything that happened brought about new feelings in me. A gush of emotions and palpitations.






We saw each others pictures in April 1999. We wanted to meet but there he was in california and me in India,10,000 miles away!! We kept trying to see how to make it happen. All this plus we both come from very conservative families and our parents are very strict. We were supposed to have arranged marriages in our community, but he finally made it here in August 1999. We spent a week, no-one knew he flew half-way across the world in secrecy for me.

Parting was always a pain and the days passed by like years. We met again in March 2000 when he came down with his parents. They were not too happy about this and they thought it was the wrong time since we both needed to concentrate on school. I was doing medicine and he,law.

So,they did not want us to communicate but we just kept on. There were times when I wondered if I would ever make it!? I needed to spend more time with him, so he came half way across the world again in December 2000 and we spent a lovely two weeks together.

We then got busy with school and stuff but still kept in touch, though a little less.
There was still the question of what to say to our parents, how to make them accept it. I had a lot of sleepless nights and I would pray for a miracle.

The days went by and a whole year passed. In Jan 2002, his parents called mine and asked if they could get us engaged?!! We were both shocked beyond words. It all happened so fast, the arrangements were made and his whole family came down. I guess they liked me actually. We had the engagement in April 2002 in India.

The wedding is in late November. We are still apart, but I will be leaving to go to the U.S next year after school and the worst is over, the best is yet to come! :-)