Sarah and Greg:
After having received a new computer for Christmas I logged onto a Christian dating service. A friend of mine had dared me to, and since I can't say no to a dare...
>> Continued




She's From:   United States
He's From:     Nigeria

My name is Princess Connie Jean Olaitan, nee Brown. My story is very long, but I will make it short.

  I am 40 years young. I have never been married. I have one son who is in the Airforce, doing very well. He is a B1 bomber worker.

I have always wanted to be married.. but, never had any luck with the American men so I prayed for a husband and something told me to go on the Internet. I did not believe I could find the right man on the
Internet. But, I let God pick for me and I put a ad in and I told my story. I wanted a husband, no games. I am for real, and a bit more about myself.







I got over 50 phone calls, but the men were not want I wanted but, one man who was in Nigeria kept on emailing me and I liked what he had to say. So I told the other guys to stop calling me because I had found who I was looking for.

He told me his name was Babatunde Julius Olaitan. He did not tell me he was a prince. We fell in love on line.. because we had so much in common. He was like
a person who I have always wanted to be with... and he was. I told him that I wanted to see him. He said that he wanted to see me.. He tried to come here from Africa, but there was alot of red tape involved but, I am a very strong minded person, so I told him I will see what I could do to go over there.

I flew to Lagos, Nigeria on March 7th 2002, and we got married on March 14th 2002. My husband had everything ready for our wedding and he still did not tell me he was a prince. I met a lot of his friends. They all loved me and I loved them. It was very hard to leave but, I had to leave.

So when I came back to the U.S.A. I started the paper work on getting my husband here with me. After a lot of money and paperwork, my husband is still not here, but, my husband and I stay in touch with each other every day. Sometimes my husband would call me 3 and 4 times a day from Lagos, Nigeria. We still email each other so we both got fed up without seeing each other so we agreed that I would go back to
Africa and I did on December 9th 2002.

I was greeted at the airport by my husband and many of his friends. I bought many gifts for the children, over 100lbs. I went to the embassy in Nigeria and the man at the Embassy said that my husband's name was not in the system. I gave him the papers that the INS gave me and this did help my husbands process, but, still my husband could not come back with me. I was heart broken so we just have to let God make a date for him coming to the U.S.A.

I wanted to see my husband's dad and as we were driving to his father's home.. he told me that he was a prince. I was shocked. I told him "Why didn't you tell me?" I did not know what to say. We had along talk about that.

My story goes on and on but, I will let you all know that I am back in Marlin, Texas without my husband. But, I love My Prince soo much. I know we will have a very happy life because when we married, we married for life.

We will write a book about our life story.. it will be called STEPPING OUT ON FAITH..

"Princess Connie"